Project Management with Simulation
Tools and Techniques
«Not forgetting the target, not leaving the path, not loosing faith.»
Hermann Gmeiner, 1919 – 1986, Founder of SOS Children’s Villages
Project management has evolved into an advanced and cross-functional discipline. Subject matter expertise on its own is no longer enough – in today’s enterprise, you also have to know how to use it for your company’s projects and endeavors.
This course provides the fundamentals of modern project management. It is aimed not only at project managers but also to all employees that «have to do» with projects and who want to understand the way projects work.
This course is aligned on and compatible with the international standard «Project Management Body of Knowledge» established by the Project Management Institute, PMI.org.
Objectives and Benefits
- Obtain a systematic and common understanding of Project Management
- Become familiar with the typical project phases – from the initial idea through planning and execution until closure
- Understand that a project is not just about time and money but also about customer satisfaction, quality and collaborators
- Phases and processes of a project
- The "golden triangle" of schedule, cost and scope
- Know the essential tools for planning and executing a project
- How to set up efficient risk management … and how to avoid common pitfalls
- The 10 key reasons for project failure … and what you can do against them
- Highly interactive 2-day workshop with many examples
- Exchange and discussion of your experiences
- Simulation of a complete project - see the immediate influence of your decisions
Project managers, project team members, future project leaders as well as collaborators from R&D, IT, purchasing, logistics, marketing that are working on or participating in projects.
Max. 12 participants, 2 days, 1 trainer, 1 simulation. PMP certified participants can claim 14 PDU.
"[I liked the] practical nature of the course. I can use the content tomorrow! Dynamic leader, very knowledgeable." - Neil Hockley, Bernafon AG, 2010
"The trainer convinced with his excellent technical and leadership knowledge as well as with his know-how. The seminar was interesting and exciting. I will certainly recommend this course." - Pius Stucki, Project leader HRM Systems, ZKB Zürcher Kantonalbank, Zürich
"I liked the simulations, relativation, the suggestion to do what is reasonable in your case or organisation. Personal cases, discussions, good atmosphere, comfortable." - Martin Zulliger, PhD, SCANCO Medical AG, 2010
Subject to change.